Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️
There are so many connotations about Valentine’s Day that really aren’t true.
1. You should be in a relationship. 👉🏼INCORRECT. You should be in a relationship if you’ve found the right person. You should be in a relationship if you’re ready for it in this stage of your life. You should be in a relationship if you’ve found the one who resonates with your soul. Otherwise, keep doing you! You’ll find your partner eventually, when it’s the right time for both of you!
2. If you’re single, you have to, instead, celebrate “Galentine’s Day”. 👉🏼 HAHA 😂 NO YOU DON’T! This just seems like a second cousin kind of version of a holiday that only single girls are segregated to celebrate, and also, where’s the Guy-lentine’s Day? What? Single guys don’t get their own holiday?
3. Valentine’s Day should be the most romantic day of the year for you as a couple. 👉🏼BULLSHIT! Every day should be fun and romantic. Hey, the second Tuesday of August could be the most special/romantic day because he brought home flowers and you cooked dinner (which rarely happens!).
4. Valentine’s Day is about love! It was created to show your love and appreciation for your partner. 👉🏼Okay, now this is VERY wrong. Valentine’s Day was ACTUALLY “created” from the history of when St Valentine married single soldiers even after Emporer Claudius II said the men would be better soldiers if they were unattached. Long story short everyone was killed. Now, it’s become so commercialized, that it’s not even about the love anymore, it about the gifts.
5. Valentine’s Day is the one day to show appreciation to your partner. 👉🏼 Hell no! You should show appreciation EVERY SINGLE DAY. ie: He takes out the trash, “thank you so much, I really appreciate you helping with tasks around the house.” ie: He cooks dinner, “Wow, this dinner is so amazing! Thank you! I really appreciate you always taking care of me and cooking dinner.” And I’m not joking, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Okay, so now you must think I have some affinity against Valentine’s Day, but I absolutely don’t! But I do want you to put it into perspective for the rest of your life.
Could you even imagine if your relationship was only romantic ONE day of the year? Could you imagine if you were only appreciate to your partner one day of the year? What would happen to your self esteem and theirs? What would happen to your relationship? 😳
This is your Valentine’s Day reminder to have an AMAZING, fun and romantic day today, whether you’re single or taken! (yeah, I said romantic 😏) But don’t put too much pressure on it, because there’s always tomorrow to do the same! ❤️