Let me be honest, I am obsessed with my skin. I’m always trying to stay hydrated and attempting to look younger than I did yesterday (gotta prevent that crepey skin, #amiright?), so body lotions and body butters are a VITAL part of my everyday routine! I vary my lotions depending on the time of year, so I thought I would share my favorites for Fall and Winter with you!
Right now, it’s Fall going into Winter, so I really like having something a little thicker and more hydrating on my skin than what I wear in the Summer. These are the only two body butters that I use this time of year, and lucky for you, they fit any budget since they are at two drastically different price points.
- Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter: This body butter is made of some amazingly hydrating and natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Argan Oil, Sunflower seed oil and Shea Butter. This body butter is extremely hydrating and goes on smoothly. It does take a while to sink into the skin, so you may want to rub it thoroughly and wait a couple minutes before dressing. (My favorite scent is Vanilla Bean, it smells like you added a bit of Pure Vanilla Extract to unscented body butter. It seriously smells INCREDIBLE!)
- *PRO TIP: for extremely dry skin, I love adding a few drops of Josie Maran’s 100% Pure Argan Oil to the Body Butter before applying to my skin. I literally stay so hydrated until the next time I shower!
- Price Point: $35/8oz
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Body Butter: I just found out about this body butter THIS year! Yes, I know, I know, I’m so late to the game with Trader Joe’s beauty products, and this is the first and only product I’ve tried, so I definitely must try more! This body butter is extremely affordable and is so hydrating! Made with coconut oil, shea butter and pumpkin seed oil, this body butter is full of some amazing natural ingredients, and smells incredible! For all you PSL lovers out there, this one’s for you!
- *PRO TIP: buy this body butter in store only; it will be FAR more expensive online.
- Price Point: $4.99/8oz.
Directions for best use of body butter:
- Apply immediately after toweling off from a shower or bath. This is when your pores are open and your body will be able to absorb the most moisture. Think of your skin like your thirst, once your skin is dry, it is already dehydrated (Just like when you are thirsty).
- When you apply body lotion/body butter immediately following a shower or bath, you end up using about half the amount of product to hydrate your skin than if you were to wait until your skin was dry (or thirsty) and it would STILL hydrate better than if your skin was dry to begin with.
What are your favorite body butters or lotions for Fall and Winter?
Oh, and don’t forget: be your most amazing YOU today!